Most course creators and coaches think they’re just one change away from getting their business where they want it to be.
One big launch. One magical funnel. One perfect affiliate.
That’s all it’ll take to quit your day job, spend more time with your family, and ride a herd of unicorns into an early retirement sunset. 🙂
Yeah…that almost never happens.
In reality, the kind of sustainable growth you need in order to make major lifestyle changes doesn’t come from one breakthrough win—it comes from learning how to string together small win after small win.
For example, one of our coaching clients recently reported that her business had grown nearly 50% and brought in $265,000 in sales over a 12-month period.
“For the first time ever I earned more than my husband in a year,” she told us. “He’s thinking of retiring from his job.”
If that’s not the definition of a major lifestyle change, I don’t know what is. When your spouse looks at what you’re achieving and starts considering retirement, I think we can all agree you’ve tapped into sustainable growth!
The thing is, it wasn’t any ONE thing that led to it.
It was having a plan in place that allowed her to string together win after win.
Let me show you the details so you can see what I mean…
The Client: Michelle from Australia
Her Business: She sells a membership program and online courses
- She’d been making up her own plan as she went along, and wanted an outside guide to help her take things to the next level
- We audited her business
- Pinpointed her biggest growth opportunities
- Created a step-by-step plan for her to implement them
- She focused in and started executing
- Implemented a new content plan that made it easier to regularly email her list
- Optimized her website for more email subscribers
- Started hosting regular sales webinars for her subscribers (“The webinar playbook was AMAZING!,” she said. “Writing it following their formula made it very doable. I had over 380 people sign up and 305 attend my first one with only 3 days advertising. I was surprised.”)
- Used our internal Launch Playbook to improve her launch funnel
- In her words, it was “All the things that I wanted to do, but Growth Tools and their playbooks gave me a step-by-step way to make them happen. I loved having a formula to work with.”
The 1 Strategy She Refused to Do:
“Initially, I point blank refused to attempt partnerships,” she said.
This is a big deal.
If you’ve followed Growth Tools for awhile, you know partnerships are one of the KEY growth strategies we help clients implement.
(Reminder: A partnership is when a company promotes your business to their audience. That could mean a podcast interview, co-hosted webinar, guest post, etc.)
It’s one of the fastest, most effective ways to grow. But Michelle was NOT having it.
“Somehow I thought I was ‘compromising my integrity’ by doing [partnerships],” she said. “The coaches at Growth TooIs weren’t going to let me get away with that. I needed a mindset change.”
So here’s what happened:
- We scheduled a 1:1 call to talk her through it
- Showed her how to make partnerships a win/win for both parties
- Coached her through her initial outreach to potential partners
- She identified 2 potential “dream partners”
- Wrote her outreach emails following our templates
- One never responded
- One responded within 10 minutes
- She secured an exclusive promo and discount for her customers (“Honestly, that is a huge benefit for my business!” she told us)
- The partner wants to continue working with her in the future
BOOM! That’s what coaching is all about.
The 1 Big Stat:
To recap, all of these changes helped Michelle grow her business nearly 50% and bring in $265k in sales in 12 months, exceeding the goal she set for herself.
What She Said:
“I began as a mummy blogger over 10 years ago and I have DIY marketed for all that time. I was doing relatively well and I wondered if I really needed coaching. But I am so glad I did. I was far less intentional in my approach to growing my business. I was locked up in content creation and now I see the power of marketing in the RIGHT way.”
“Another thing I LOVE about Growth Tools is that they have such an ethical approach to their coaching. They aren’t trying to make you fake your numbers, or be in any way deceptive in your approach. They are encouraging you and keeping you honest but helping you bring the best out of your business. These guys are my new business heroes!”
THIS is what creating meaningful change in your business looks like.
A focused plan. Consistent action. Trying things outside your comfort zone.
Is that what you’re looking for?
If so, I’m looking for a handful of more clients like Michelle so we can personally help you put together a plan to scale your business to $10k/month and beyond.
- We’ll audit your business
- Pinpoint the opportunities for growth (just like we did for Michelle)
- Show you what it would look like to work with us 1:1