Recently, I spent 3 days with one of the smartest entrepreneurs I know.
Over the past 10 years, he grew his business from 0 to $100m+ in yearly revenue.
- Create an online course
- Perfect a FB ad > webinar funnel
- Grow course to $10mm+ in sales
- Repeat on a variety of courses
The most impressive part? No one on his team had ever done anything like this. Practically no ad buying, webinar, or copywriting experience.
- They met every day for 60 minutes
- Went over new ideas, tweaks, and changes
- Implemented them
- Repeated for 6+ months
He recently sold that business and is starting another where he will use the same formula. As we were talking about it, he shared something I haven’t been able to shake.
His plan for the new company is to spend the next SIX MONTHS (!!) perfecting the ad to webinar funnel.
- Host a webinar every week
- Buy FB traffic to that webinar
- Tweak the webinar each time
- Tweak the ads each time
- Tweak the landing page each time
He will spend 99% of this time over the next SIX MONTHS doing nothing but this. Maniacally honing in every detail of the sales process.
Forget about the strategy piece of this for a second.
It doesn’t matter that most businesses don’t have the cash and team required to use this specific FB ad > webinar approach.
(In fact, we don’t even recommend buying ads as a primary growth strategy for 99% of our clients.)
Instead, think about the focus required to spend 99% of your time on ONE thing for six months.
I had never considered this level of focus.
I had never heard of someone having that level of focus.
I want that level of focus.
Most business owners I know either feel like…
- Their focus is split between a million different things, or
- There are so many things they could potentially focus on, they feel paralyzed
Out of all the approaches you took to growing your business over the last 6 months, what worked the best?
What would it look like if you spent just 1 hour per day focusing on doing more of that one thing?
What would it be?
What do you think would happen?
Leave a comment and let me know.